1. Follow signs to Boulogne and Rouen
2. Continue direction Rouen until you see signs for Le Havre.
3. Go towards Le Havre until you see directions for Caen and the Pont de Normandie.
4. Go over Pont de Normandie (stunning bridge) and continue towards Caen. Note if you have time then Honfleur is a wonderful place to visit.
5. As you approach Caen stay in the left hand lane and join the Caen peripherique, heading in the direction of Cherbourg, then St Malo and/or Mont St Michel.
6. Take exit 9 from the péripherique, direction Rennes and St. Malo (A84).
7. After passing the exit to St. Lo, the motorway climbs a hill and then descends to the valley of the river Vire. (About 30 minutes from Caen). Exit right to Tessy Bocage, previously known as Tessy-sure-Vire (junction 39).
8. After about 5 minutes you arrive in Tessy. At the T junction turn right and go down the small high street. Almost immediately after the patisserie/boulangerie, which you will see some 300 yards along on the left hand side, take the left turn to St Lo and Fervaches. Continue out of the village and you will climb a long hill. Near the top of the long hill take the first right (at a crossroads) and follow this road to the end where you will find Le Moulin.
1. Exit the Port to either the Town Centre or out of town, either way following directions to Caen or Paris.
2. After you have reached (from either route) the big roundabout at the top of the hill outside Cherbourg follow the N13 dual carriageway for approximately 25 minutes and, after Carentan, exit direction St Lo.
3. After about 15/20 minutes and also after St Jean de Daye you will arrive at a new roundabout before the hill down to Pont Hebert. Turn right on this new dual carriageway, probably signposted Mont St Michel, Rennes, Torigni, and continue until a sign exiting for St Lo. Come off here and follow signs to Tessy sur Vire or ‘Tessy Bocage’ – the areas new name as of September 2016 (this is the old road around St Lo and you are going towards Bayeaux) and at the second roundabout exit right direction Tessy sur Vire / Tessy Bocage.
4. After 15 minutes you will arrive at Fervaches. Go past the church on the right and the village shop/petrol station on the left and after about 300m you come to a small crossroads where you turn left. This road continues down to Le Moulin but if you are collecting the keys from Giselle’s take the first lane on the left after about 50m and continue to the end where you will find Giselle’s house.
1. From the ferry port, takes “toutes directions and Caen”. Follow this road for a few minutes until you hit the junction with the Caen Peripherique and exit, following signs to Cherbourg.
2. Follow this road for about another 7 or 8 minutes, until you see the sign for the Mont St Michel and Rennes. Take this exit (you will still be on the Caen Peripherique).
3. Take the first exit, again signposted Rennes and Mont St Michel onto the A84.
4. Continue on the A84 to Junction 39, where you exit right to Tessy Bocage, previously knownas Tessy-sur-Vire .
5. After about 5 minutes you arrive in Tessy. At the T junction, turn right and go down the small high street. Almost immediately after the patisserie/boulangerie, which you will see some 300 yards along on the left hand side, take the left turn to St Lo and Fervaches.
6. Continue out of Tessy and you will climb a long hill. Near the top of the long hill, before you get to the village of Fervaches, take the first right (at a minor crossroads) and follow this road to the end where you will find Le Moulin.
1. Exit the port and follow signs, ‘toute direction’ or ‘Rennes’ or Le Mont St Michel.
2. After about 15 minutes exit on the E401 direction Mont St Michel or Caen.
3. Continue on this road (looking out for Le Mont St Michel in the distance) until you come to a junction with the A84.
4. Follow the A84 direction Caen for about 15/20 minutes to junction 39 and exit direction Tessy Bocage (previously known as Tessy-sur-Vire, which is about 5 minutes from the motorway).
5. In Tessy Bocage turn right down the little high street and at the end of the shops exit left direction St Lo.
6. At the top of the hill there is a small crossroads where you turn right. If you get into the village of Fervaches you have gone too far!
We can strongly recommend an early visit to Saint Malo (within the walls – intra mures) for breakfast and then down to Dinan which is absolutely wonderful. The alternative is, of course, Le Mont St Michel, but this gets very busy.
To request a booking or check availability call 01728 621121